Question about "Note On" messages and their channels

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
thiagolr

Post by thiagolr » 06-27-20 8:56 pm

Hi Nicholas,

I'm working on a LED light implementation using Arduino.

When I press "A0" on the Piano, I receive a "note on" message in the Arduino on "channel 1" and then I forward it to Synthesia on "channel 15". After that I receive a "note on" message coming from Synthesia for the same note, then I forward the message to the Piano. (see log below)

Code: Select all

21:37:42.564 -> [NOTE ON  RECV PIANO    ]  #01  note=21  velocity=75
21:37:42.564 -> [NOTE ON  SEND SYNTHESIA]  #15  note=21  velocity=75
21:37:42.564 -> [NOTE ON  RECV SYNTHESIA]  #01  note=21  velocity=75
21:37:42.564 -> [NOTE ON  SEND PIANO    ]  #01  note=21  velocity=75
This way my Piano is playing the same note twice, one from me pressing the key and another from Synthesia playing the key. Is there any way to receive this message on the same channel Synthesia received so this can be filtered or maybe not receive it at all?

I still want to receive all notes from Synthesia on "channel 1", only notes from my own device that I don't want to be "echoed" on a different channel.

thiagolr

Post by thiagolr » 06-29-20 2:39 pm

I was able to fix it by disabling the "My notes" setting on the music output!