Lighted keyboards with 88 keys?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
david.accola

Post by david.accola »

I've been reviewing my options for lighted keyboards that have the full 88 weighted keys. (Not 61 keys.)

Did I miss any?

---

Seems options boil down to just The ONE products on the "less expensive" end, and Yamaha CSPs/CVPs on the wildly expensive (not-Synthesia-compatible) end.

And then Komplete Kontrol if you don't mind figuring out your own separate amp and speakers, or The ONE Hi-Lite if you don't mind bringing your own keyboard.

The ONE
Smart Keyboard Pro
SP-NEX ($600)
SP-TON ($700)

Smart Piano
SP-TOP1 ($1100)
SP-TOP1X ($1300)
SP-TOP2 (Pro) ($1500)

Yamaha CSP/CVP
*Doesn't work with Synthesia AFAIK
Yamaha CSP (Clavinova Smart)
CSP-150 (~$3800)
CSP-170 (~$5700)

Yamaha CVP (Clavinova Versatile)
CVP-701 (~$4300)
CVP-705 (~$7400)
CVP-805 (~$9200)
CVP-809 (~$14500)

Native Instruments (NI) Komplete Kontrol
*Does not have its own onboard speakers!
SS8 MK1
SS8 MK2 ($1000)

Then there's the related topic of standalone LED bars:

The ONE Hi-Lite LED Light Bar ($270)
DIY LED Visualizer (https://github.com/onlaj/Piano-LED-Visualizer) (~$200 for materials)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This sounds like the complete list as far as I know it, too. (Nice research.)

Regarding CSP and CVP compatibility, a couple months ago I spotted this GitHub issue from another MIDI-compatible app where they did some work in reverse-engineering Yamaha's key light protocol. So now adding support for those keyboards is at least in the realm of possibility. The only remaining trouble is that I don't have any way to test the results in-house, so it might take a lot longer to get something up and running if it means sending successive beta versions out to someone that actually has one of these expensive keyboards.

Still, being able to support the little "falling" animation right on the keyboard keys someday would be very cool!
icuurd12b42

Post by icuurd12b42 »

That lightbar is a neat idea.