76 keys reconigzed as 71keys

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Rigonatti

Post by Rigonatti »

Hello,

I've unlocked synthesia and plugged in my Yahama PSR-EW425.

No matter how many times I try, Synthesia won't recognize the 76 keys. Pressing the 2 furthest left or 3 furthest right does nothing.

Pressing the 3rd key on the left or the 4th (from right to left) it recognizes as 71 keys.

Anyone know what I should do?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Rigonatti wrote: 03-08-23 11:10 amPressing the 2 furthest left or 3 furthest right does nothing.
Just to be clear, you are trying to press these keys after you've selected your keyboard from the "Music Input" list on the Settings screen, correct? That's where the keyboard's range is set so that options like "Zoom to Keyboard" work during song playback.

When you say those keys do nothing, does the keyboard itself still play a sound? If you try using the keyboard in a different MIDI-enabled app, do the keys work there? I wonder if this might not actually be a hardware problem in the keyboard itself.
Rigonatti

Post by Rigonatti »

Thanks for your reply @nicholas.

I've no id why, but i disconnected and reconnected my ipad. And magically worked.
I kind of thing that might be a "user-problem" LoL.

Thanks anyway!