Internal Midi cuts out...

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
siliconmayhem

Post by siliconmayhem »

Using Synthesia on Mac... both r743 and r752 are affected, and I'm not quite sure what's going on.... (Going to try this on my windows laptop to see if it happens there)

I play the attached song... first two tracks not played, first and third piano played but hidden, second piano on "you play".

My keyboard is a Casio LK-220.

If I go in the keyboard setup, and use my keyboard for midi output.... the song plays through fine.

If I use the internal midi synthesizer.... then halfway through the song, all midi instruments fall dead silent.... nothing.

This is the only file I've had this issue with... so maybe it's internally corrupted or something. Dunno.

Would also like to take this chance to say how much I love synthesia. Thank you Nick. It's so cool I registered it long before I got a keyboard.. =)

-Gordon
Attachments
disney - colors of the wind.mid
the file in question...
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
siliconmayhem

Post by siliconmayhem »

Actually just attempted to recreate it on Windows 7, using the Microsoft G5 Wavetable Synth.... was not able to recreate this issue.... which is funny to me, because if I'm reading right, then the MS G5 Wavetable Synth IS the quicktime synth........
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is a known issue in Apple's Quicktime synth. There is more information in this post.

I have reported the bug to them twice (they said they fixed it when they didn't), and I haven't heard back in over a year.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

At long last there is now a work-around to this QuickTime bug! See the latest dev preview (r814) in the Development Updates section of the forums.