The original 1985 "Axel F" on synthesia

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
WoodyPianoShack

Post by WoodyPianoShack »

Hi synthesia fans!

I couldn't resist revisiting this 80's classic. I did the sequencing myself using Reaper so the midi file is my own creation. The sounds and effects are all from a modern Roland FA workstation. It sounds pretty authentic even if I say so myself... According to the forum rules I can't share the midi file, but here is the youtube clip for you to hopefully enjoy. cheers!

Visit Woody in the Piano Shack for free piano lessons, song tutorials & gear reviews!
monkel

Post by monkel »

+1 :)
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Very good job!
miek

Post by miek »

Great job - great song :)
draco2023a

Post by draco2023a »

Nice!
WoodyPianoShack

Post by WoodyPianoShack »

Thank you to everybody who viewed and commented on this thread, appreciate it! :)
Visit Woody in the Piano Shack for free piano lessons, song tutorials & gear reviews!
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

I love this song, sounds so good. Well done
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Awesome!
Sounds are greats and pretty accurate.

Maybe the 2 second part of the bassline is not the same (from memory i need to check the original)
NicolasProdan

Post by NicolasProdan »

How did you record the game for synthesia? Bandicam?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Judging by the smoothness of the video, I'm guessing they used the Synthesia Video Creator.

There is some info about the tool, here. And you can get the latest version near the bottom of the download page.
MichaelCA

Post by MichaelCA »

Excellent work! Sounds authentic and looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

Well, *most* parts of the song, anyway. Some sections look a bit daunting :)