How can I use my other digital pianos voices with Synthesia

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

• If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.

Postby Spongy » 05-17-18 4:59 pm

Hi All,
So I am new to using Synthesia. I have a Yamaha P255. I have the piano hooked up via a usb cable, and have tried both a PC and android.

When I change the voice on my piano when sythesia is running, I get a mix of the voice I selected and a piano voice, It seems like synthesia is forcing a piano voice to always be on.

In settings the music input is set to digital piano1, and if I set the music output to what is listed there as digital piano 0, I get a mix of the two voices as stated above. If I turn this output to off then I just get my pianos voice to what ever I set it to but then synthesia will not play an acompanying hand.

How can I set up synthesia to just use a voice that I set at my piano? So I can practice using any voice I want that my piano offers?

Thanks
Spongy

Return to Help and Bug Reports