Light up keys on my piano blink instead of just stay lit

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.

Postby redrules81 » 05-17-18 8:21 pm

How do I get the light up keys on my clavinova to stop blinking and just stay lit instead until I press the correct key(s). It's really hypnotic and distracting.
redrules81

Postby Nicholas » 05-25-18 4:54 am

Sorry for the wait on this!

I'm afraid I'm a little unfamiliar with Yamaha's Clavinova line. Usually when we hear from users with a Clavinova, it's because the key lights don't work at all. It wasn't until Yamaha created the EZ-220 that they seemed to allow outside MIDI input to control the key lights. And even then, it's not an official protocol: keyboards with lights tend to show them even for very quiet notes, so Synthesia is really just sending note messages with the lowest possible velocity.

I worry that the blinking might be a built-in "feature" of the Clavinova. At least on the other handful of lighted-key models we've tested (and in MIDI monitoring software like MIDI-OX), key light messages are sent once when it's time to light up and again when it's time to turn them off.
Nicholas

Postby monkel » 06-01-18 12:44 am

I tried Synthesia with the Clavinova CSP 150 and 170. They have a panel above the keys and 3 (perhaps 4) leds per key, to simulate dropping notes (so no lit keys themselves).

When I ran Synthesia I remember that the bottom led would light up, but I don't remember blinking.
monkel

Return to General