How do we get effects like from this image into Synthesia???

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.

Postby Nikorasu95 » 06-08-18 10:17 pm

This is freaking beautiful and I want to know how the guy in this video went about making Synthesia have particle effects.I know he is using a led strip on his keyboard but how the freak did he do the particle effects? I made a comment but the guy never responded.
Check out his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs7O9sOUQiBGBxaaAguIwig/videos I've never seen something so amazing involving piano and software!
Nikorasu95

Postby Nicholas » 06-09-18 10:49 am

It's almost certainly an effect created in some video editing software like Adobe After Effects (most-likely with a rather specific, possibly custom plugin for the task).

That said, it's definitely a task that could be done on a graphics card in real-time. And you're right that it is rather striking. It would be fun to try and enhance Synthesia's own spark effect to get somewhere closer to this.
Nicholas

Postby Nikorasu95 » 06-09-18 2:47 pm

In the YouTube description of the guys video he said "In this video I have combined my live piano playing with the visualization of the music material by programming my own "Synthesia"-like software"
I asked him about open sourcing or selling his software so users can download but I noticed he doesn't respond to anybody which is really really rude! It would be nice to have particle effects like this in Synthesia along with more color choices for falling notes. Can you make this happen please? This is beyond awesome!!! Also, i'm sure more people besides me would also be happy.
Nikorasu95

Postby wacher » 06-21-18 8:36 am

My idea:
- The lights and shadows seem very real on the keyboard. I think that part is an RGB LED-stripe or he use a keyboards with key light or something.
- The uppers side is an recorded midi, transcoded to video with VideoCreator plus fire&smoke effect added.
The first one is tricky second one is not really hard.
wacher

Return to Feature Requests