Octave shifting on left hand...

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

• If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.

Postby vale075 » 06-13-18 10:01 am

When I import this midi file inside Synthesia the left hand is shifted one octave downward, it was made using MuseScore and in MuseScore there is no probleme.
Here are the midi file and the MuseScore file : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PKdaW0OV691SBEjplFqmSa-0gmMWfdXK?usp=sharing

I dont understand why.
I am using a Windows 10 pc and an Android device (both have the same trouble) and a kawai cn33r keyboard

Thank you for your time
vale075

Postby Nicholas » 06-13-18 4:39 pm

If you look at the Musescore version, just under the bass clef on each staff you'll see a tiny number eight.

8.png
8.png (4.21 KiB) Viewed 363 times

The MuseScore folks have some discussion (and some contention) about the merits of including that 8vb marker so readily in the new score setup wizard. In any event, the end result is notation that means "play this staff one octave lower".

MIDI files don't have any way to encode that 8vb marker (so Synthesia's sheet music generator doesn't bother with it yet, either), so it's shown in its "unrolled" or "decompressed" state with the notes down in their real positions. With the upcoming Synthesia 11 and its support for MusicXML files, 8va and 8vb will be shown as notated in the original program.
Nicholas

Return to Help and Bug Reports