Connecting with the "Piano Hi-Lite" from "The One"

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

• If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.

Postby ltgseb » 11-02-18 3:33 pm

Hello,

I'm a long-time Synthesia customer and decided to get a Piano Hi-Lite (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pian ... /3370843#/) for my digital piano, because it supports Synthesia.

Has anyone gotten it as well, and more importantly, gotten it to work as expected? All I'm looking to do is have the lights on the device light up on the correct piano keys as the synthesia song is playing. Can't get it to work.

Cheers!
ltgseb

Postby Nicholas » 11-02-18 6:36 pm

We just added support for it in the (upcoming) Synthesia 10.5 update.

Are you using an Android device? You can opt-into the beta by heading over to this Google Play page.
Nicholas

Postby ltgseb » 11-03-18 11:14 am

Hi Nicholas - Thanks for the quick response. Yes I'm using an Android Tablet. I just joined the beta. Will try it again, however seems I already had it installed (see attached image)? What version should I be using?
I went to Settings and tried choosing the device for input and/or output, and I cannot get the lights on the Hi-Lite to light up when Synthesia is playing a song.
Attachments
synthesia-beta.png
synthesia-beta.png (40.97 KiB) Viewed 122 times
ltgseb

Postby Nicholas » 11-03-18 1:26 pm

As long as you see "10.5..." at the lower-right corner of the title screen, you're using the right version.

Otherwise, when you pick the Hi-Lite from the Settings --> Music Output list, what have you picked for "Key Lights"? Have you tried "Proprietary 1" (all the way at the bottom)? That's the One Smart Group's specific key light setting. Does that get it up and running?
Nicholas

Postby ltgseb » 11-09-18 7:58 pm

Ok I finally got it to update. I am now getting strange behavior from the Hi-Lite device. Will have to find a way to record a video of it. Stand by...
ltgseb

Return to Help and Bug Reports