Now when I'm in the loop and I've decided that I have made too many mistakes I see these options to restart the loop:
- Press Previous Bookmark (<): This has a few issues. I need to actually have bookmarks, otherwise it will jump to the beginning of the song. And if there are bookmarks inside the loop I have to press it multiple times. Thirdly if I make it to the beginning of the loop it begins without delay, typically making me miss the beginning notes. I can configure a shortcut for "<" (typically C1), so at least I can keep my fingers down on the piano keys.
- Manually tap the beginning of the loop in the interface: This takes my fingers from the keyboard and has me concentrate on something I don't want when I focus on the practice and depending on the length of the song the position I hit is likely off by some notes (or staves). Also there is no delay to concentrate on the start of the looped section.
- Manually tap the end of the loop in the interface: This also takes my fingers from the keyboard so it's not ideal. When I'm in melody practice I'll probably have to play some additional notes to finish the loop that I don't want to practice right then, for rhythm practice I can just let the song run to the end. In both cases I at least get the configured delay at the beginning of the restarting loop.
- Let the loop run to the end: This only works in rhythm practice. Also for a long loop it's impractical to have to listen to the rest every time. But - once it restarts it will do so with the delay.
- Press Next Bookmark (>): This only works if there is a bookmark conveniently at or near the end of the loop (or manually put there) and if I'm in rhythm practice, otherwise there might be some last notes I still have to play.
- Restart the loop after x errors: Generally a nice feature, but as a global feature I don't like it because I use loops very differently depending on the song. I might practice a loop for speed, precision, sound, dynamic play etc. and this will cause a restart in many situations where I don't need it (and I found no shortcut that I could configure to turn it on or off). Take it out of the global settings and put this as configurable setting for an individual loop in the loop config menu and I would probably use it in some cases.