Coolsoft MidiSynth

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

Don't know if this has been discussed. Apologies if it has

The Microsoft GS Virtual Synth is absolute rubbish, much of this is new to me, I found that Coolsoft MidiSynth has better capability for playing midi files, just managed to get it installed and swapped it in synthesia. The sound is so much better

Can't believe I threw away midi files thinking they were rubbish when it was the actual engine playing them was at fault
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Since Synthesia 10.5 (Nov-2018), we've included the same BASSMIDI-based component that VirtualMIDISynth uses right inside Synthesia.

If you head over to the Settings screen, it should be called "Built-in MIDI Synthesizer" and if you put any SoundFont files in a folder that Synthesia scans for songs, it should show up automatically in a list on that screen. :D
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

Many thanks for letting me know, will check that out.

I just wanted to let people know who like me are finding their feet, it is a minefield.