Synthesia 10.6 won't run with Windows Vista 32 Bit

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
E-Gwen

Post by E-Gwen » 10-23-19 10:45 am

Hi,

When I try to run Synthesia 10.6 once the installation is done, I get this error message :

"the procedure entry point GetTouchInputInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll"

Could you please make Synthesia playable again ?

Note that Synthesia 10.5.1 was working fine with Windows Vista 32 Bit.

Best regards.

E-Gwen.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 10-23-19 6:37 pm

Oh, sorry for the trouble! Starting with the Synthesia 10.6 release, we've finally dropped support for Windows Vista. We try to last a lot longer than Microsoft, and they stopped support over two years ago. (At this point it's becoming less safe to connect a Vista computer to the Internet every day because Microsoft isn't patching security holes anymore.)

The workaround for now is to continue using Synthesia 10.5.1 until you upgrade or switch computers.

E-Gwen

Post by E-Gwen » 10-25-19 7:56 am

Thank tou for tour answer.

Sad to learn about giving up support for Vista. :shock:

So I have to find a solution by myself, because :

1. My laptop can't be upgraded to a newer version of Windows.

2. I have no money to buy another laptop.

Well, such a pity.

See you. :arrow: