What and where are those text boxes?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
AllNotesCount

Post by AllNotesCount » 11-03-19 4:15 am

In the release notes of version 10.6 I found the following among the new features:
"You can (finally) paste text into text boxes."

What exactly are those text boxes meant for and where can I find/add/edit them in Synthesia?

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 11-03-19 4:56 am

There are only a few scattered throughout the whole interface. I think the comprehensive list is the short unlock code box on the Settings --> Unlock Synthesia screen (where paste was most needed), the search box at the top-right corner of the song list, and the profile name box when you're creating a new user profile. (In 10.7 that list will also include the name of your new composition on the Free Play screen, using the upcoming recording feature.)

It's a little silly that it took ~13 years to get them to (almost) behave like the text box controls built into your OS, but we finally got there. :lol:

AllNotesCount

Post by AllNotesCount » 11-03-19 5:00 am

Ah ok, I see.
Well, better late than never :D