Bluetooth Connection makes Synthesia Crash

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
Sotiraki

Post by Sotiraki » 11-18-19 1:05 am

Hi guys,

I recently got a custom LED visualizer built for me similar to Rosseau videos which works great, however when synccing up this device + my midi keyboard to Synthesia bluetooth on my computer, synthesia lags out and crashes.

QUESTION 1) Any ideas on how I can make it successfully connect without crashing (Or even an all wired up solution)? I have already followed the tick value + dll file overide instructions found here: https://synthesiagame.com/forum/viewtop ... 920#p46920

But I still can't make synthesia not crash, and the one time it didn't, I couldn't make my bluetooth device successully connect to my computer.

QUESTION 2) Once it does connect, which configuration of options do I enable? for eg. bluetooth option for input, Built in for output? (Picture attached of the options)

Spoiler:
thumbnail_IMG_6420.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6420.jpg (127.16 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Any help greatly appreciated!

Game Version: Latest, 10.6

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 11-22-19 3:32 pm

Hmm, I suppose I'd need to know a little more about the device first. It looks like it's Raspberry Pi based?

If it's just lighting the keys, you'll probably only need to enable key lights for that (output) device.

Regarding the Bluetooth-related crashes, Microsoft's support for Bluetooth-MIDI is pretty abysmal right now and crashing is just sort of par for the course. (Other companies have taken a "Windows BLE-MIDI isn't supported" approach. This comment has a good laundry list of some of the problems users have been suffering. I've personally been in touch with both project managers of the new UWP MIDI stuff at Microsoft and got some apologies and "we're hoping to improve things as future Windows 10 updates continue to roll out" back from them, with no mention of the feature in any Windows release notes since then.)

Fully-wired may be the way to go in this case!