Sliders on keyboard changed

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
canoesailer

Post by canoesailer » 11-20-19 7:37 pm

When I begin to practice a piece with the volume slider for my Roland rd2000 set at full volume as soon as I hit the first note the slider(s) goes to 1/2. It makes no difference which sound I use nor which of the four channels, or all, layered or individually. Is it possible that Synthesia is controlling this? Or is this another little glitch in my piano. If it’s Synthesia, how do I fix it?

Thanks

Mac pro high Sierra, usb midi and audio 10.6.5335

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 11-22-19 3:43 pm

Hmm, the "reset" that Synthesia does between screens is pretty aggressive. It might cause the sort of re-initialization you're seeing.

Try this:
  1. Hold your Shift key while launching the app to show the configuration window.
  2. Find the section of the advanced settings list with all the "Midi.Reset..." options.
  3. Try removing the check mark from some of those boxes.
My guess would be that the "Midi.ResetAllControllersOff" setting might be the one causing it. Once you've disabled one or more of them, it should just take closing the configuration window and restarting Synthesia normally to test it out. Does disabling any of those have any effect?